Are you interested in communications, and will you be in New York on October 19? I’m thrilled to join a great panel and some other esteemed speakers that morning for Communications Week, and I’d love you to join. Tickets are $25, but I may have a little pull with the organizers to invite a few Serial Marketer readers, so contact me if you’d like a pass (no guarantees, but I’ll try).
There are a lot of other fantastic events that week, so check the full agenda at commsweek.com. Let me know if you’re hitting up my event or any other.
Full event details for 10/19 below, and you can register at Eventbrite:
Join Communications Week for a morning of networking, keynotes and expert panel sessions exploring our theme “Reinventing the Industry” with speakers from the biggest brands and agencies. Join us at 8:30 a.m. for coffee and networking.
- 9AM Opening Remarks
- Join Erin Ade, host of BizWire TV to kick off the week. She’ll introduce the day’s sessions and tee up key trends shaping the future of the industry.
- 9:10AM Guest Speaker
- Join us as a special guest speaker shares insights on innovative approaches to communications.
- 9:30AM Panel: Reinventing Brands Through Communications
- How have brands leveraged creative communications strategies to reinvent themselves? What works when you are trying to reach and resonate with consumers?
- Speakers include Dan Mazei, Reebok, Global Newsroom; David Berkowitz, Serial Marketer and previous CMO of MRY; Wendy Goldberg, EVP & CCO of iHeartMedia; Bruce Kelley, Chief Content Officer at Reader’s Digest; moderated by Patrick Coffee of Adweek.
- 11AM Panel: Bot or Not… Is AI the Future of PR and Content Creation?
- Is artificial intelligence the future of communications? Bots are writing AP stories and branded content, but do bots know best? Could IBM’s Watson outmaneuver a skilled professional at creating content? Do we need to reinvent ourselves as managers of technology tools instead of creatives and comms strategists?
- Speakers include Michelle Castillo, advertising & media reporter, CNBC Digital; Jenna Vassallo, senior public relations specialist, Forrester; Carol Chung, SVP media technology, Digitas; Merrill Brown, Director, School of Communication and Media, Montclair State University, moderated by Andy Morris, CEO Code Morris.