I’m blogging live from the Search Insider Summit in Keystone, CO (don’t tell the panelists). It’s only the second session, but here are a few top-level points that have come up (and will likely be fleshed out in a column):
- Any search marketing agency not proactively educating its clients shouldn’t be working with clients at all (said in not so many words by a marketer).
- Natural/organic search is still woefully overlooked compared to paid, especially considering consumer preferences (noted by Chris Sherman).
- Ask.com is working on ad sales integration with Citysearch. When IAC acquired Ask, I wrote that IAC’s opportunity was to make Ask the predominant local search engine. It still could happen.
- Chris Sherman says a mega search trend now is "injecting people into the process." Rohit Bhargava will have more to say in his "Human Side of Search" panel.
- Best Schwag: HitTail, from Connors. Inside the well-branded fanny pack are hiking snacks and a game piece for a raffle for a camera. All the more impressive considering HitTail’s still in beta. Runner up: Revenue Science poker chip/card sets left in hotel rooms. Heavy duty – not typical cheapo conference stuff.