It turns out I’m on The Power 150 of marketing blogs. To be tied with CK’s blog for anything is incredibly fulfilling, let alone a step behind others like Greg Verdino and a few smidgens behind Forrester. (I’m using smidgens liberally here, as they’re far enough above mine). [Update – I added some missing links here, and a gratuitous picture of Greg Verdino.)
It is truly a pleasure just to be nominated.
Thanks to Robert Petrausch, the most urban daddy I know, who remembers when this kid from Mamaroneck couldn’t even get out of Google’s sandbox.
It’s funny though, I read some of these lists and wonder why I’m not on them. It turns out I just needed to find someone willing to a) pick a specific enough category, and b) expand the list past 100.
Whatever it takes, right?
Separately, awhile back, Matt Dickman nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I never followed up on the meme and listed five blogs that make me think. I’m not sure if they’ve already been nominated, but here are five:
- NewTeeVee: a great blog exploring the TV and online video ecosystem
- ProBlogger.net: while I don’t care about making money with this blog (by any direct metric, I’ve lost a few hundred on this blogging endeavor), Darren Rowse and co. have some great best practices on blogging here
- Data Mining: Text Mining, Visualization, and Social Media: pretty pictures
- ThreeMinds @ Organic: often whatever they write about is stuff I hear first on their blog, and then play around with for an hour or two
- Influential Interactive Marketing: Rohit Bhargava, like Matt Dickman and many others, writes the blog that I wish I was smart and committed enough to write
Now I’m done thinking about most everything except finishing up work today and reading the rest of Harry Potter this weekend. Post a spoiler in the comments and you’re blacklisted.