This is my first SXSW, so I'm trying to figure out how much of a tech boy scout I need to be here. In light of that, I've asked most of my gadgets, toys, and essentials to pose together for a group photo. The full list is below; most of this is what I'm carrying around during the day (at night, I'll limit myself to the phone, iPod, camera, business cards, and pens).
The bag: North Face backpack from eBags, received the day before SXSW. Holding up very well – it's a little tough for fitting some bulkier things in it (not quite flexible) but great for the laptop, cords, etc.
What's in it (or on person):
- HP laptop, chugging along, plus adapter
- One extra battery that clips on, plus a spare backup (thank you Carl in IT at 360i, you rock)
- Amazon Kindle, 1st edition (now reading The Element by Ken Robinson), plus adapter
- Samsung Omnia on Verizon, plus adapter, plus tethering USB cable
- iPod Touch, plus USB cable
- Surge protector
- 3-prong adapter from Radio Shack (discussed before as the best $5 ever spent)
- Business cards – lots of extras, now with both the blog and Twitter ID on them (yay!)
- Camera: Canon A590 IS (really like it, and amazing value) (only the case is pictured, duh)
- Two travel packs of Advil
- 100-calorie snack packs (this time Honey Maid cinnamon bun crackers – very good, plus some peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars stuffed in the box)
- Notebook (paper kind)
What have you brought to SXSW?Share your thoughts in the comments.