While I’ve taken part of some fantastic events the past few months, I’m especially excited about this group coming up en masse. Let me know if you’ll be at any of these and we can try to meet up – email marketersstudio @ gmail . com or tweet me at @dberkowitz.
January 7-10: Digital Hollywood / Consumer Electronics Show (CES) – Las Vegas
- I’m moderating the session “Mobile Commerce and Content: The Mobile Web, Texting, Search and Advertising Options” on Thursday, January 7 at 3pm, arriving earlier that day and staying through Sunday. I’ll also be hitting up some of the blogger events, along with the Showstoppers press preview Thursday.
January 12: PluggedIn – New York City
- I’m just attending this and can’t make the whole day unfortunately, but there are some great speakers and sessions around social and mobile media. The organizers from Founders Roundtable have a stellar rolodex, so I’m expecting to meet and catch up with a number of people who I’ll stay in touch with.
January 13: Social Integration – Harmonizing Social Channels – New York City
- For full disclosure, my blog’s a media sponsor, and I’ll be moderating a roundtable on planning earned and paid media together. The organizers from BDI get some of the best case studies of any event I’ve been to, and at least a few speakers are routinely memorable. It’s also one of my favorite events for catching up with old friends in the space.
January 26: OMMA Social – San Francisco, CA
- I’m going out to the Bay Area for an overdue visit to join OMMA Social and moderate a great sessio, “Measuring Social Media: How to Connect Metrics to Objectives.” After writing my post on 100 ways to measure social media, I’m intrigued to hear what the panelists will have to say, and at least for this I’ve done my homework so it should be a substantive discussion – as much as it can be in 45 minutes. I’m also looking forward to visiting some clients, partners, and others while I’m out there.
February 1-5: Social Media Week – New York City and elsewhere around the world
- During the first week of February, social media takes over Manhattan… and the globe, including Berlin, London, San Francisco, Sao Paolo, and Toronto. I’m on the advisory board for NYC with some of the smartest people in the social media field, and the global board’s at least as good, so free as much of your calendar as you can that week.
March 12-16: South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive – Austin, TX
- Austin has a lot going for it that a New Yorker can appreciate: food trucks and steak, a walkable city, and a great entertainment scene. Throw in some Longhorn pride in the liberal capital of this relatively conservative state, and I’m game to visit year round. But when there’s this festival that brings a who’s who of geekdom to converge and try out this real-world social networking, I turn as nocturnal as the famous local bats. I should also have some news to share soon regarding how I’ll be participating, but I’ll wait until a certain track leader makes this info public.
- UPDATE: I’m now confirmed to speak on this new Future15 session where I’ll discuss “Convergence 2015: A Look Ahead.” This is only possible thanks to Dan Shust at Resource Interactive, a friend who I can objectively say is one of the big thinkers and DOERS in emerging media. He’s speaking there too.
March 23-24: PMA Integrated Marketing Conference 2010 (Promotion Marketing Association) – Chicago, IL
- I’ll be speaking on an ROI/Metrics track here presenting something directly related to the ‘100 ways’ column mentioned above (when you do a Top 100 list, you can usually milk it for awhile, and this will be my first time presenting something directly based on the column). Can I cover 100 metrics in under 30 minutes? Probably not well, but I’m just as excited to try to tell a story about it as I am to attend this event for the first time.