WHAT TO READ
Recent pieces published or shared by Serial Marketers and friends:
Also, check out the latest episode of Pablo Gonzalez’s B2B Community Builder podcast where we talked about building a professional community.
HOW TO SHARE
Thanks to Mat Zucker, Nancy Harhut, E.B. Moss, Praveen Mishra, Amy Gittelman, Matthew Silverman, Jeremy Woolf, and Jason Gardner for spreading the word about the newsletter recently.
Share it with five others who subscribe and receive 10 $CMO coins, along with other rewards. Even one referral will net you a coin (try it out).
Here’s your own personalized link, with more referral rewards for sharing the newsletter. Visit https://referralhub.page/serialmarketer to see how you’re doing.https://sparklp.co/823bcd55
Share via: Email | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn————————————————–
Please submit any events you’re hosting to our calendar at https://serialmarketers.net/events/. All events below are virtual, and all times are ET.
Upcoming Serial Marketers events:
- 7/28: UPSTREAM MIXER (5 pm)
- 8/4: First Wednesday – in-person social chat in NYC (5 pm)
- 8/11: UPSTREAM MIXER (12 pm) — trying an earlier time again
- 9/1: First Wednesday – in-person social chat in NYC (5 pm)
SCALE BACK OR BURN OUT
July 28, 4 pm
Via Cory Huff in the community
“As leaders and managers, we have the privilege and responsibility to help steer our companies and teams into a healthier, more sustainable, and more productive pace. That starts with recognizing the level of burnout happening in your own workplace and choosing to face it head on.”
CHINESE CONSUMER AND MARKET INSIGHTS
July 29, 12 pm
Via Jeff Hinz in the community
“The world’s largest digital media landscape is vastly different from its counterpart in the West, yet the ingredients of a winning strategy are familiar. This Thursday, brands and agencies can learn how to generate new sales by navigating the Chinese media landscape.”
“Growth talks, hangouts and masterclasses covering the most important DTC retail topics of the year. Hear from the biggest-name brand founders and tech platforms on how they are developing strategies for the post-pandemic future of DTC retail. From vertical building and scaling to hiring and fundraising, we’ll cover a lot in two days.”
FIRST WEDNESDAY IN NYC
August 4, 5 pm
Back in person! First Wednesday, our fun NYC tradition led by Zack Rosenberg, keeps going strong. We’ll be back in Madison Square Park around 5-7pm near Shake Shack. Drinks covered by MediaVax.ai in honor of CEO Barbara Buchanan coming to town.
Keep checking out the #jobs channel in Serial Marketers for more. Better yet, subscribe to get updates from our job listing board. Here are some great opportunities shared in these places or sent to me directly.
Sales Director roles
“Sales Directors will be responsible for generating and growing mobile ad revenue through consultative sales that lead to highly successful campaigns and ongoing programs. The ideal candidate will possess a curiosity to research consumer behaviors and have a passion to develop those data insights into client solutions. You will be a key player, working with an account team to drive our clients’ business growth.”
Director of Digital Acquisition
“A successful candidate for this role will have experience in acquisition marketing – ranging across search marketing, digital display advertising, and social media performance marketing. This role requires the ability to define our paid media growth strategy, deep-dive on cohort analysis, set customer-centric campaign goals, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of each platform’s unique offerings, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative creative concepts, and possess a passion for continuous improvement.”
Roles on the Content & Creators team
NY or LA
Via Jacob Shwirtz in the community:
“Two great openings on my team at Lightricks, called the “Content & Creators” team. Both are full-time, in-house, starting immediately, for people based in NY or LA. You’ll be our people on-the-ground working with our celebrity and other creator partners as well as on executing our large-scale activations and content marketing campaigns. Check it out, refer your friends and let’s get some folks their dream jobs!”
Content Marketing Manager & Partnerships Manager
“Reporting into the Director of Customer Marketing, this role will guide our customer engagement strategy, ideating, launching and managing campaigns to retain, engage, and grow Attentive customers. The ideal candidate is a customer-centric lifecycle marketer with a track record for delivering programs and touchpoints that drive top-notch customer experience, account growth, and brand affinity.”
Head of Marketing
Cambridge, MA (open to remote)
“Customer-focused and comfortable with managing a fast-growing team, the future Head of Marketing has:
* 5+ years of B2B Marketing leadership experience having successfully built and managed a fast-growing marketing team
* Strong Demand Generation experience utilizing proven tactics to generate sales pipeline through top-of-funnel marketing initiatives
* Proven startup experience, ideally having seen an organization scale from Series A to Series B and beyond
* Familiarity with customers similar to Proton, who are highly discerning and take a longer time to make buying decisions and can be reluctant to implement new technology”
Via Chris Gorges in the community
“The Manager / Associate, Digital Communications will help to translate Schmidt Futures’ mission, method, and strategy to digital media and to promote that message through key digital platforms. Ultimately, this work will help to convince high potential individuals to be part of our efforts to change the world and to tell the story of our programs to a diverse set of audiences.”
B2B Marketing Manager
Via Vishal Sapra in the community
“The B2B Marketing Manager will be part of executing best-in-class digital marketing campaigns for CareerBuilder to support the company’s go-to-market strategy. You will be responsible for building and executing campaigns that generate interest, produce leads, drive engagement and demand to support CareerBuilder’s pipeline, bookings, and revenue goals.”
“Pivt is looking for a Marketing Manager to lead, develop, and execute the company’s marketing strategy. Being an early-stage startup, the Marketing Manager will be required to wear many hats performing strategic, managerial and tactical duties. This role will be the primary point of contact for all marketing related initiatives. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative, and willing to continually pursue new ideas to ensure the Pivt marketing effort is effective and intriguing.”
Paid Media Marketing Lead
“Social Studies is looking for a Paid Media Marketing Lead with ~8+ years of experience. Essentially this person has years of experience buying paid media and now wants to be more client facing and help us evangelize what business impacts are possible by pushing influence down the funnel towards performance.”
Engagement Manager (Customer Success)
“DataGrail’s Engagement Manager will be responsible for onboarding new DataGrail customers and getting them to first value quickly and efficiently. You will be the main stakeholder on projects, responsible for the success of enterprise-level software deployments. In order to achieve this success, you will leverage your previous professional services experience, project management expertise, strong communication/written skills, relationship building prowess and conflict management skills.”
Senior Partnerships Manager (Emerging Categories),
Partnerships Manager (Sports Cards)
“Whatnot is a livestream shopping and community marketplace where you can geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator.”
Revenue Operations Manager
Via Benjamin Friedman in the community
“In this newly created vital role, you will work cross-functionality to help accelerate scalable growth. Your success in this role will require an eye for detail, an instinct for order and logic, and the ability to scale and execute through a process-driven approach.”
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Via Gustavo Sivadón Zani in the community
“We designed a social dating experience where we bring people together. It’s an amazing time to be joining the Inner Circle team as we continue to expand globally. And that’s where you come in. Your goal: achieve user growth through performance marketing channels within the target CAC and brand guidelines.”
Head of Growth
NY or remote
Via Eric Tash in the community
“The Head of Growth Marketing reports directly to CITYROW’s Chief Brand Officer and will have ownership of every stage of growth marketing: strategy, planning, execution, budgeting, analysis and optimization. The ideal candidate is relentlessly metrics-driven, has a fine-tuned understanding of scaling efficient performance marketing across diverse channels (including non-paid channels), and is obsessed with optimizing every stage of the user’s path to purchase.”
Content Production Manager
Via Eric Tash in the community
“We’re seeking a Content Production Manager (CPM) to manage the end-to-end process of planning, producing, and distributing Inturact’s client’s content. It is important that this role takes no hand-holding and we are looking for someone that can take our production & distribution process to the next level.”
Vice President of Marketing
* Proven track record developing and executing growth plan for enterprise adtech/martech business to achieve significant growth through effective use of lead generation and content marketing optimization
* Experience and proven metrics leading growth from $ single digits to $ double digits within a short timespan
* Has redesigned or created a successful lead/demand generation engine from scratch, in addition to having significant account-based marketing experience
* Confidence and ability to pitch CEO and Board Members as well as externally pitch to enterprise CMOs and engaged in industry thought leadership on behalf of the company
Head of Marketing
Collaborative, well-rounded, and a strong communicator, the future Head of Marketing has:
* Well rounded marketing experience – digital, performance, content, brand, communications
* Ability to lead the vision and execution of marketing strategies
* Ability and desire to build, scale, and managed a team of high performers
* Success in marketing function for high-growth DTC company in a heavily regulated industry
* A strong communicator, comfortable with ambiguity and collaborative nature of high-growth startup
More via Hunt Club
* Fancy Sprinkles: Brand Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
* NXT Ascent: Chief Growth Officer (United States)
* A high-growth SaaS company: CMO (Chicago, IL)
Other job resources:
- Advisable: Get instant access to top marketing freelancers
- AMA Job Board: Listings from the American Marketing Association (maybe you can also ask them anything)
- Beeler.Tech: Job listings for ad operations, programmatic account management, sales operations, and more.
- Built in NYC: Jobs at a range of levels and functions, as long as you’re okay working in this quaint, backwater hamlet.
- CareerList: Here’s a form for companies hiring and a form for job seekers; here’s the public list with tabs for both
- Content Writing Jobs: Content marketers, enjoy
- Creative Women of Color: List yourself in the database and find talent, via Women Who Create
- Demand Curve: Growth and marketing jobs
- DiscoverTheTalent: An initiative designed to build partnerships with businesses to advocate, train, and hire military spouses
- ExecThread: Senior roles spanning a range of verticals and cities; membership is free but fully vetted (this uses my referral ID to get you in faster)
- Gently Ventures: Helps scale businesses by finding the right talent
- GLG: Get paid to share your topical expertise; it can lead to some interesting conversations at a potentially decent hourly rate
- Growth Collective: Apply to join this network of notable freelance marketers
- Grace Blue Transitions: A portal for hirers and seekers with resources from this exec recruiting firm
- The Hired Guns: An array of jobs in marketing and related fields at brands, agencies, and media companies
- Hue: Amplifying voices of people in color working in marketing
- Hunterz: A way for connectors to get paid to introduce startups to large enterprises
- Lead5: A paid service for executive roles, plus intel on changes with companies and PE investments; you can try a risk-free weeklong trial to see if it’s any good for your needs
- Lunch Club: Match 1:1 around predetermined goals with accomplished professionals (free)
- NYC Ad Jobs & Networking: A popular Facebook group
- One Club for Creativity: COVID-19 jobs Board
- #OpenToWork: There’s a channel in Serial Marketers where you can share what you’re looking for
- Pangea: Where you can hire college freelancers (and college students can get gigs)
- Pocit: A platform connecting people of color with jobs in the tech industry
- Questions to Ask for a Marketing Role: What questions should you ask when starting a new marketing role or job?
- Remotists: Remote startup jobs, chronicled weekly
- Sales Hustle Stack: Find platform-based gigs and other creative ways to earn some extra cash
- Serial Marketers Job Board: Post regular and featured listings and subscribe for updates.
- Startup.Jobs: There’s a section for marketing jobs
- Teal Job Tracker: A free Chrome extension to manage and enhance your job search
- TechNY Daily: While more technical, there are also some sales and marketing jobs at NY startups.
- VC Job Boards: Aleph, Eniac Ventures, Pear, Sequoia, Union Square Ventures
- VentureLoop: Free startup job listings; their paid option is $15/month and might surface more leads (but it might not).
- Venwise: Submit your job interests here and get in front of their roster of hiring leads; select “Serial Marketers” under “How did you find us”
- Wanted: Wanted helps top talent in tech and marketing find a job at your desired pay.
Do you run or enjoy other job listing sites? Let me know, and I’ll share them.
Below are offers extended to the Serial Marketers community. To share your own or access the Premium member discounts, review membership options here.
GPO – 30 day out for convenience: Doing a strong job in SEO but wonder if more traffic can be had? GPO will custom-build an AWS instance that will become a subdomain of your site, and generate at least 20% more traffic the first year. Contact Cory Cox to redeem.
Markman Speaker Management: Get 15% off the half-day customized virtual training session “Get Speaking Engagements” for individuals or corporate staff through Sept. 30, 2021. Contact Steve Markman to redeem.
Thece: Get 10% off their Getting Started Kit — just let them know Serial Marketers sent you.
Get 5% back on any bookings of the Focus, Growth, and ReFocus plan. To receive your rebate, please contact me after you book the course.
My Software Tutor
Get a 15% discount on live online classes that teach practical, functional, business-centric Microsoft Office software skills (Excel today, PowerPoint coming soon). Use code SERIAL15 to redeem. Premium members get a 25% discount.
Get 10% discounts on campaigns. ReverseAds reverses the search ad process, outperforming Google at a fraction of the cost. To redeem, contact Thom Feltz by email.
Marc Lefton is offering brands a free one-hour consultation on your media mix to show how you can integrate programmatic. For agencies, you can get a free one-hour consultation on how to add programmatic to your service offerings. To redeem, contact Marc by email.
Sign up and use the promo code SERIALMARKETERS to get 20% off on any membership plan. Membership enables you to access all deals with unlimited usage. One deal should more than pay for itself.
Create an account and start a 7-day free trial for $125 in ad spend credit toward your first experiment with this multivariate testing platform. Redeem here. (Premium members get $175 in credit with a custom code)
Following a 7-day trial of this AI-powered marketing tool to generate ads, product descriptions, and more, use code SERIALMARKETERS for 35% off any plan for 3 months (premium subscribers get 50% off for 4 months).