During conferences, to keep myself entertained I tend to write a few notes unrelated to the topics at hand. I started to write a Top 10 list about personalization but never wrote a full 10. I’ve been too wrapped up in this. That never happens.
Anyway, here’s the list. Feel free to add your own in comments.
- Nigerian spammers actually know how much is in your bank account.
- Trying click-to-chat for customer support, the rep tells you to zip your fly.
- Your Alpha Bits spell out your PIN # and e-mail password.
- You check a profile on a dating site and a message pops up saying, "Out of your league, compadre!"
- You stumble on a site in a foreign language, run it through an online translator, and discover the site’s making fun of you.
- Soon as your goldfish dies, you get an e-mail asking if you want to reorder.
- Websites address you by nicknames your friends called you in sleepaway camp.