WHAT TO READ
Recent pieces published or shared by Serial Marketers and friends:
HOW TO SHARE
Thanks to Mat Zucker, Nancy Harhut, E.B. Moss, Praveen Mishra, Amy Gittelman, Matthew Silverman, Jeremy Woolf, and Jason Gardner for spreading the word about the newsletter recently.
Share it with five others who subscribe and receive 10 $CMO coins, along with other rewards. Even one referral will net you a coin (try it out).
Here’s your own personalized link, with more referral rewards for sharing the newsletter. Visit https://referralhub.page/serialmarketer to see how you’re doing.https://sparklp.co/823bcd55
Share via: Email | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn————————————————–
Please submit any events you’re hosting to our calendar at https://serialmarketers.net/events/. All times are ET.
COIN NATIONS – VIRTUAL GLOBAL SUMMIT 2021
“Coin Nations 2021 brings together executives, investors, entrepreneurs, and professionals in decentralized finance.
You will participate in Matchmaking networking and interactive discussions about the latest innovations, opportunities, and challenges surrounding Crypto, Blockchain, CBDCs, DeFi, NFTs, Wallets, Exchanges, and more!”
START YOUR OWN DESIGN BUSINESS
October 14, 9:30am – 7:00pm
Manhattan, NY and virtual
Via Danielle Hughes in the community
“This is the conference for designers looking to become entrepreneurs, and for design entrepreneurs looking to become better businesspeople. You have studied design at the university level, you understand design principles, and you’ve learned all the design tools the world of tech has to offer. Now you are ready to find financial success!”
OPTIMIZING YOUR HOLIDAY EMAILS
Last-Minute Tips for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
October 14, 2pm
Via Randy Levy in the community
“The challenges for marketers this holiday season are formidable: Shoppers are planning to start making their purchases earlier and privacy changes may impact the results you rely on for planning and measurement. Not to mention the perennial challenge of breaking through the messaging deluge to get your customers’ attention during the holiday season. Despite these challenges, there are proven ways to refine and optimize your email strategy to land your message with your ideal customers at the right times and in the right places.”
PUBLISHING INSIDER SUMMIT
October 18, 10am
“Even as the ad economy bounces back aggressively, most publishers are looking beyond pent-up demand for a truly sustainable and resilient revenue mix. Video, e-commerce and paid content drove most of the recent growth because they represent secular trends of media use, customer journeys and DTC exchanges of value. At the annual Fall edition of MediaPost’s Publishing Insider Summit we focus on these three areas of sustained growth for media (…)”
INC. 5000 VISION CONFERENCE
October 19, 11am
“Exclusive interviews, conversations, panels, and sessions featuring some of America’s most successful and inspiring entrepreneurs, including:
* Arianna Huffington on Finding Your Purpose
* Bert Jacobs on Building a Business That Lasts
* Reid Hoffman on the Entrepreneurial Mindset
* Sheryl Sandberg on Digital Marketing Opportunities for Small-Business Owners; and more!”
AFFILIATE STRATEGIES TO UNLOCK GROWTH IN Q4
October 19, 2pm
“Facing uncertain economic and consumer behaviors, it’s no wonder many retailers are looking toward the holiday season with a wary eye. What tools can marketers count on to stay agile and manage an unpredictable Q4? Answer: Affiliate Marketing. Join us for our upcoming virtual event featuring our seasoned affiliate marketing experts and partners as they share real “out of the box” strategies they have used and have helped them and their clients achieve great results.”
GROW YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE FAST
October 20, 12pm
Via Nancy Ruzow in the community
“In this Fly Female Founders ON THE FLY workshop, led by Tracy Gold of Midlife Tech Geek, you will learn how to take your business to the next level and convert viewers into paying clients.”
CREATING YOUR FIRST CONVERSATIONAL AD
October 20, 1pm
Via Melissa Wallace in the community
“Join us for a brief discussion on display advertising and how conversational ads are changing the game, followed by:
– seeing a few real-life examples of conversational ads we’ve built for our customers
– creating your first ad in only 15 minutes (setting up the ad units, building the logic, and more)
– understanding what data and insights you can gain.”
INDIVIDUALIZATION IS THE NEW PERSONALIZATION
October 21, 1pm
“In this webinar, the Zembula and Sageflo teams will walk you through how to create an individualized customer experience from beginning to end. They’ll also show you best practices for using personalization holistically in your marketing, customer care, and other touch points.”
ASCENT SAAS: SPOTLIGHT ON STARTUPS
“Ascent’s Spotlight on Startups event will convene ~150 founders and C-level executives of seed round and Series A startups, as well as 100 investors. This event will also be invite-only with the content and agenda aligned to address the unique challenges faced by startups.”
ASCENT SAAS: SPOTLIGHT ON MARKETING
“An all-virtual, intimate and exclusive gathering of the nation’s senior marketing leaders in SaaS. 150+ Senior CMOs & VPs of Marketing, 10 sessions, 3 industry keynotes, 3 interactive panels, endless networking…”
Keep checking out the #jobs channel in Serial Marketers for more. Better yet, subscribe to get updates from our job listing board. Here are some great opportunities shared in these places or sent to me directly.
Remote Americas, Africa, or Europe
Apply by Sunday, October 24
“As our Communications Coordinator, you will be leading Rethink Priorities’ strategic communications. The main way we as an organization have impact is by improving the effectiveness of other individuals and organizations. Through your work, you will enhance the overall impact of the effective altruism movement by making our findings accessible to key decision-makers in the different cause areas we work in a very actionable way.”
Via Jeremy Goldman in the community:
“I’m hiring a writer/analyst to lead Insider Intelligence’s leading marketing & advertising briefing and my colleague is hiring for a senior writer covering retail & eCommerce.”
Lifecycle Marketing Account Manager
NY, Remote OK
“The WITHIN team is growing and we’re looking for a passionate, motivated Lifecycle Account Manager who is willing to take the lead across multiple retention channels such as email, sms, push, app, and more. This is a unique opportunity in a rapidly expanding company.”
Remote in SF, LA or NY
Via Mark Verone in the community:
“We are looking for a Campaign Manager and Senior Product Designers to join our TuneIn Ad Ops team. Come join TuneIn as we’re in reinventing radio for a connected world!”
Los Angeles, CA
“We’re seeking a seasoned and talented Client Partner to serve as a trusted advisor to our clients, providing exceptional client support with a focus on driving growth within existing accounts and making strategically sound recommendations that align with the client’s business objectives. Reporting into the Director of Client Services, the Client Partner will lead the day-to-day operational and communication needs for existing accounts across a wide array of different verticals, encompassing both performance and brand-building accounts.”
Marketing Operations Manager
#AI #nocode #customerengagement
“Ushur is looking for an experienced, data-driven Manager, Marketing Operations to manage all operational and automation initiatives on the Marketing & Sales team. The individual in this role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations and Sales Development, to help lead the administration and management of all marketing tech stack integrations, lead routing, field mapping, and optimizations of functionalities.”
Marketing and Business Development Manager
Minneapolis–Saint Paul or remote
Via Jasmine RuKim in the community
“Our team is currently in search of a solid starting group for our women lead tech group. This month Monicat Data is preparing to launch https://Sunsett.io and were opening our team up to individuals interested in building a startup from the ground level. If these roles are of interest – connect with our team directly.”
Various content marketing roles
Via Zohray Brennan in the community
“Industry Dive’s studioID is growing and we’d love to have passionate content marketers join us – my team is focused on tech and healthcare but we have hiring across the board.”
LIFE LEARNING ACADEMY
Development and Communications Coordinator
Treasure Island, San Francisco
Via Kevin Chuang in the community
“The Development and Communications Coordinator facilitates and coordinates Life Learning Academy’s fundraising processes and activities. This person primarily works behind the scenes to support the organization’s donor database, communications, and events.”
Brand Strategy Consultant
Via Yuval Yarden in the community
Venwise has re-built it’s core offering for its membership and is now looking to engage a brand consultant to conduct a brand audit and design a communication strategy for both our current and prospective members. The right person is a strategic thinker who will be working directly with our CEO and can manage a team of creatives.
Head of Marketing
“We’re looking for our first marketing hire, a Head of Marketing that will create and lead this function. This is a high-impact leadership role where you will report directly to the CEO and own PopSQL’s holistic marketing initiatives and growth targets. A proven track record of marketing results within SaaS is highly desirable.”
Head of Creators
Remote US or San Francisco, CA
“As the leader of the Creators team, you’ll report to the Global Head of Marketing and work closely with our founders, product, operations, and data teams to help us build incredible experiences and opportunities for our world-class live social audio creators. During the pandemic, we are working remotely. This role will be open to both local and US-based, remote candidates. We will have an office in San Francisco when we are able to safely reopen our office for those who prefer to work in person.”
“The ideal candidate will possess strong sales, interpersonal and organizational skills. They should be comfortable with multitasking and be able to budget their resources in order to meet the assigned quotas for their role.
* Full-cycle sales (cold outbound, set appointments, hold meetings, and close)
* Achieve sales objectives
* Attract high-quality customers and set proper expectations
* Follow sales ops processes
* Act as a brand ambassador
Marketing Campaign Manager
Remote US (Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zone)
“We’re hiring for a marketing campaign manager who wants to join as the second marketing hire on our quickly growing team. You will be hyper-focused on generating demand for our sales team (bringing in qualified leads) by leading account-based marketing efforts and supporting integrated marketing campaigns. Were a small, but mighty team. You’ll be tasked with testing and identifying the most effective and efficient channels to drive demand and doubling down efforts where it matters.”
Vice President of Growth
NY or Remote US
“The future Vice President of Growth has:
* Marketing leader with 10+ years of experience and proven success scaling a DTC CPG brand(s) by multiple channels. Experience hiring, building, and developing a team of marketers/data analysts
* E-commerce, DTC + omnichannel experience within consumer goods, food/beverage, beauty, and/or retail
* Ability to own high-level strategy for all existing performance marketing channels including Google ecosystem, Paid Social, Content Marketing, Influencers, SEO + ability to implement new channels”
Remote US within the Pacific time zone
“The Marketing Director will be responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive, multi-channel marketing plan to accelerate the growth of Candidate. This role will be a pivotal leadership role at the organization and require you to dig in at both the strategic and tactical levels. You will have management responsibilities across a variety of marketing efforts including brand positioning and awareness, product marketing, paid media, email marketing, website, social media, PR, and sales enablement.”
Find more jobs on the Serial Marketers job board.
Other job resources:
- Advisable: Get instant access to top marketing freelancers
- AMA Job Board: Listings from the American Marketing Association (maybe you can also ask them anything)
- Beeler.Tech: Job listings for ad operations, programmatic account management, sales operations, and more.
- Braintrust: A new freelance platform where you are the owner and where freelance talent keeps 100% of the bill rate.
- Built in NYC: Jobs at a range of levels and functions, as long as you’re okay working in this quaint, backwater hamlet.
- CareerList: Here’s a form for companies hiring and a form for job seekers; here’s the public list with tabs for both
- Content Writing Jobs: Content marketers, enjoy
- Creative Women of Color: List yourself in the database and find talent, via Women Who Create
- Demand Curve: Growth and marketing jobs
- DiscoverTheTalent: An initiative designed to build partnerships with businesses to advocate, train, and hire military spouses
- ExecThread: Senior roles spanning a range of verticals and cities; membership is free but fully vetted (this uses my referral ID to get you in faster)
- Ex-Equinox Media Talent: A spreadsheet of available talent (permission given by those listed) who are recent ex-Equinox media folks.
- Gently Ventures: Helps scale businesses by finding the right talent
- GLG: Get paid to share your topical expertise; it can lead to some interesting conversations at a potentially decent hourly rate
- Growth Collective: Apply to join this network of notable freelance marketers
- Grace Blue Transitions: A portal for hirers and seekers with resources from this exec recruiting firm
- The Hired Guns: An array of jobs in marketing and related fields at brands, agencies, and media companies
- Hue: Amplifying voices of people in color working in marketing
- Hunterz: A way for connectors to get paid to introduce startups to large enterprises
- Lead5: A paid service for executive roles, plus intel on changes with companies and PE investments; you can try a risk-free weeklong trial to see if it’s any good for your needs
- Lunch Club: Match 1:1 around predetermined goals with accomplished professionals (free)
- NYC Ad Jobs & Networking: A popular Facebook group
- One Club for Creativity: COVID-19 jobs Board
- #OpenToWork: There’s a channel in Serial Marketers where you can share what you’re looking for
- Pangea: Where you can hire college freelancers (and college students can get gigs)
- Pocit: A platform connecting people of color with jobs in the tech industry
- Questions to Ask for a Marketing Role: What questions should you ask when starting a new marketing role or job?
- Remotists: Remote startup jobs, chronicled weekly
- Sales Hustle Stack: Find platform-based gigs and other creative ways to earn some extra cash
- Serial Marketers Job Board: Post regular and featured listings and subscribe for updates.
- Startup.Jobs: There’s a section for marketing jobs
- Teal: One place to organize and manage your job search.
- TechNY Daily: While more technical, there are also some sales and marketing jobs at NY startups.
- VC Job Boards: Aleph, Eniac Ventures, Pear, Sequoia, Union Square Ventures
- VentureLoop: Free startup job listings; their paid option is $15/month and might surface more leads (but it might not).
- Venwise: Submit your job interests here and get in front of their roster of hiring leads; select “Serial Marketers” under “How did you find us”
- Wanted: Wanted helps top talent in tech and marketing find a job at your desired pay.
Do you run or enjoy other job listing sites? Let me know, and I’ll share them.
Below are offers extended to the Serial Marketers community. To share your own or access the Premium member discounts, review membership options here.
GPO: Generate at least 20% more organic traffic. Doing a strong job in SEO but wonder if more traffic can be had? GPO will custom-build an AWS instance that will become a subdomain of your site, and generate at least 20% more traffic the first year. Contact Cory Cox in the community to redeem.
ContactSmarter: ContactSmarter is an AI tool that generates over 40% call booking rates without requiring human intervention. More details.
Markman Speaker Management: Get 15% off the half-day customized virtual training session “Get Speaking Engagements” for individuals or corporate staff through Sept. 30, 2021. Contact Steve Markman to redeem.
Thece: Get 10% off their Getting Started Kit — just let them know Serial Marketers sent you.
Get 5% back on any bookings of the Focus, Growth, and ReFocus plan. To receive your rebate, please contact me after you book the course.
My Software Tutor
My Software Tutor is offering all Excel and PPT courses through December 2021 at 50% off listed price. Learn the practical skills you need to succeed. Use promo code: SERIAL50. This code can be shared with friends and family. Register today on the MST website.
Get 10% discounts on campaigns. ReverseAds reverses the search ad process, outperforming Google at a fraction of the cost. To redeem, contact Thom Feltz by email.
Marc Lefton is offering brands a free one-hour consultation on your media mix to show how you can integrate programmatic. For agencies, you can get a free one-hour consultation on how to add programmatic to your service offerings. To redeem, contact Marc by email.
Sign up and use the promo code SERIALMARKETERS to get 20% off on any membership plan. Membership enables you to access all deals with unlimited usage. One deal should more than pay for itself.
Create an account and start a 7-day free trial for $125 in ad spend credit toward your first experiment with this multivariate testing platform. Redeem here. (Premium members get $175 in credit with a custom code)
Following a 7-day trial of this AI-powered marketing tool to generate ads, product descriptions, and more, use code SERIALMARKETERS for 35% off any plan for 3 months (premium subscribers get 50% off for 4 months).
THE FOOTER YOU WON’T READ
SPREAD THE WORD
Share your personal link.
SEND NEWSLETTER FEEDBACK
David Berkowitz, publisher
JOIN SERIAL MARKETERS
ENGAGE SERIAL MARKETERS ADVISORS
100+ TECH RECOMMENDATIONS
BERKY’S MARKETING ENGLISH
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel