Last year, I chronicled the shift to indefinite work-from-home life with a modern, major adaptation.
The nation’s grand reopening deserves an equally grand sequel, albeit with equally apologies to W.S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
Welcome to Act II.
Enter: WFH Professional
We’re lately vaccinated as our blood has Covid RNA
We’re no longer elated watching Cuomo speak an hour a day
He hid misdeeds and Covid deaths; the statewide press can make him squirm
Yet still I fear he’d easily win election for a fourth straight term
The Covid curfews get suspended just in time for summer kicks
The universe’s laws upended — want some proof? Check out the Knicks
A baby boom is soon in order if the patterns are believed
Just wait till Baby Walgreens hears exactly where she was conceived
I’m vaccinated, jubilated just to see the other side
Dismay gave way to brighter days and desperation turned to pride
Another year, I’m here beside my standing desk confessional
I am the very model of a work-from-home professional
The Clubhouse rooms are empty as its members opt for IRL
A Clubhouse that would have me as a member is my private hell
Prefer the choice of only-voice? Each network has announced a clone
The party lines have sleek designs but replicate a telephone
I’m now researching auctions for some tokens not too fungible
I hope my past year’s memories will largely prove expungeable
I wouldn’t bid a cent for those; there are so few I’d choose to own
But bitcoin bros have chosen stranger ways to have their windfalls blown
When strolling down the streets and through the parks I take my face mask off
But see the die-hards look at me and can’t conceal a sneer and scoff
I’m done with fear, I’m here beside my standing desk confessional
I am the very model of a work-from-home professional
The barbershops sat empty; we neglected what is on our heads
A number of our headshots looked like wanted posters from the Feds
Our hygiene felt like lowgiene as we compromised while stuck indoors
But as we get more social, we can’t look like we’ve returned from wars
While offices are empty, bars and coffee shops are bustling
We need to pee more often given all the drinks we’re guzzling
When booking brand new meetings, Google’s default links to chat on Meet
But lo, I throw the veto, meeting face-to-face and hit the street
I fantasize with open eyes of luggage sent to baggage claim
I’d squeeze my knees in middle seats in ways I once thought seemed insane
I’ve cause to cheer, I’m here beside my standing desk confessional
I am the very vaccinated work-from-home professional
- Peloton’s Marketing Resilience Tested by a Recall Misstep by David Kaplan
- How A(u)nti Spam and Uncle Privacy Are Upending Marketing by Christine Crandell
- Daily iOS 14.5 Opt-in Rate For Targeting and Advertising by Estelle Laziuk
- Creator Coins Enable Influencer Economies. Rally Plans To Mint A Million Of Them by John Koetsier
- 30 Standout CMOs Who Have Perfected the Art of the Pivot by Adweek Staff
HOW TO SHARE
Thanks to E.B. Moss, Praveen Mishra, Amy Gittelman, Matthew Silverman, Jeremy Woolf, Jason Gardner, B.L. Ochman, Ken Simon, and Boris Pfieffer for spreading the word about the newsletter recently.
Share it with five others who subscribe and receive 10 $CMO coins, along with other rewards.
Here’s your own personalized link, with more referral rewards for sharing the newsletter. Visit https://
Share via: Email | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn——————————
Please submit any events you’re hosting to our calendar at https://serialmarketers.net/
SERIAL MARKETERS SALONS
Please note that from 6/2, Salons and Speedups will be combined into a weekly event held on Wednesdays, 5 pm. First Wednesdays of the month are in person and the rest are virtual salon + networking hybrid.
- 5/18 (Tuesday, 3 pm): David Spinks, CMX founder, VP Community at Bevy, and author of The Business of Belonging (RSVP here – meeting via Bevy)
- 5/25: Pause for Memorial Day. From here, time is always Wednesday 5 pm and all RSVP links are on Upstream.
- 6/2: First Wednesday (in person)
- 6/9: Eric Wellinghoff, VP Marketing, Nehemiah Manufacturing Projecton Second Chance hiring
- 6/16: Salon (guest speaker TBA)
- 6/23: Marketing Pride with Sabrina Caluori, Martin Obiozor, and Mat Zucker
- 6/30: Steve Markman of Markman Speaker Management and Sandy Sloane of Solutions by Sloane
SERIAL MARKETERS SPEEDUPS
Alternating Thursdays, 12pm
Join the virtual 1:1 rapid-fire speed-meeting event to connect with fellow Serial Marketers, hosted on the Upstream app.
THE INSPIRED ONES – THINK FEARLESSLY WITH JUST ISAAC
May 12, 9 pm
Via Luis Antezana in the community:
“We’re doing another test of Facebook’s Clubhouse competitor, Hotline, this time talking with actor/artist/athlete and now author Just Isaac about his entrepreneurial journey and his book, ‘Think Fearlessly.'”
HOW TIKTOK AND SHORT FORM VIDEO CAN ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS
May 13, 12:30 pm
“Wondering how to use TikTok or other short-form videos for your business? How to get clients from these platforms? Or even what short-form video is? In this discussion, Emma will show us how she gets clients using these platforms, how to utilize TikTok + other short-form platforms along with actionable ways to use the work you are already doing on these platforms.”
BUILDING CULTURE WHEN EVERYONE’S REMOTE
May 13, 3 pm
Via Danielle Farage in the community:
“Wanted to invite all those interested in creating culture remotely to an upcoming webinar I’m speaking at, hosted by two really awesome startups in the HR technology space.”
VISIONARIES UNPLUGGED: WHY EUROPE? WHY NOW?
May 18, 10 am
Via Lisa Sorg in the community:
“We will host a wide range of European entrepreneurs, VCs and friends such as Doug Leone (Global Managing Partner, Sequoia Capital), Reid Hoffman (Founder of LinkedIn), Mario Götze (Soccer World Champion), Daniel Dines (Founder & CEO of UiPath), Sonali De Rycker (General Partner at Accel), Niklas Zennström (Founder of Skype & Atomico) and many more.”
BETTER TOGETHER: SALES & MARKETING
May 19, 1 pm
Via Serin Silva in the community:
“I’ll be hosting a workshop on how to best align/sales marketing. I’m a veteran marketer and my colleague is a veteran sales coach. Lots to share!”
5 SAVVY WAYS TO USE PERSONALIZED DATA AND ANIMATION IN EMAIL
May 20, 1 pm
Via Randy Levy in the community
“If you are a retail or ecommerce email marketer you are always looking for new or incremental ways to increase conversion rates and revenue. You use AI to develop subject lines, added more triggered emails based on behavior, and improved your inbox placement rate. But the content within your emails still provides a huge opportunity to increase sales and customer satisfaction.”
June 2, 6pm
First Wednesday keeps going strong. We have dozens of people RSVPing for this fun NYC tradition led by Zack Rosenberg.
SEO SUMMER CAMP
June 24 – September 1
Via Nancy Ruzow in the community:
“Code: RCFF – 20% off! Ruzow Graphics gives all commission earned to our scholarship fund. A 100-day virtual, asynchronous experience for small business owners to improve their digital marketing. You can learn SEO + content marketing skills, find practical tactics to become less dependent on social media, and meet other campers with similar goals and interests.”
SALES AND SCALE LIVE
Via Mike Volkin in the community
“This event has been created for one thing only: to help you scale your business now. That’s why I’m bringing in some of the top business people from around the world. People who have taken companies from $1 million dollar valuations to $500 million dollar valuations and taken companies public.”
Keep checking out the #jobs channel in Serial Marketers for more. Here are some great opportunities shared there or sent to me directly.
You are a content writer or website manager looking to expand your skills. You enjoy brainstorming ideas, creating complementary content across multiple channels, and developing sales and marketing materials. WITHIN is looking for a Content Writer to help increase WITHIN’s visibility in the marketplace. This is just the starting point in a rapidly expanding company and role.
B2B Content Marketing Manager
New York / Remote
“With the recent growth of our marketing team and company expansion plans, content is essential to growing our customer base and establishing our place as a leader in the CDP space. We need someone who not only is passionate about writing, but can see the big picture and the role content plays in our marketing strategy.”
Brand Marketing Manager
“We’re looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to join the dutchie Marketing Team, reporting to the Head of Marketing. As an early member of our fast-growing team, you will play a meaningful role in building a purpose-driven brand with the ambition to make a significant positive impact on the world. You are a digital native, a trend-spotter, and have a passion for creative, inspiring brand work.”
NYC (remote for now)
“As we scale and continue to build a world-class product, we’re looking for strategic partners who can accelerate our growth and enhance our product and data offerings. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and executing on our partnership strategy, and you will be measured on the impact of these partnerships and our broader partner ecosystem on Suzy’s business.”
Chicago – remote
Via Chris Gorges in the community
“Catch Co. is looking for a hungry and capable Marketing Manager to spearhead a broad range of initiatives designed to take our marketing efforts to the next level. As we experience rapid growth and increased complexity as a company, we need to in-house critical functions (like SEO), implement more rigorous measurement and testing capabilities, continuously optimize our existing activities and more efficiently coordinate our efforts across channels / teams.”
“SellerCrowd is anonymous social network for advertising salespeople. We are looking for a content creator to join the Sellercrowd team to build a must-have daily newsletters for our community. Think MorningBrew or The Hustle for advertising sellers – focusing entirely on info/news to make salespeople more money.”
Demand Generation & Analytics Manager
Via Dori Fern in the community
“We are looking for a passionate, results-driven Demand Generation & Analytics Manager to join our Integrated Marketing team and support our highly successful marketing solutions business unit and its flagship brand, Neustar Fabrick™.”
Director Product Marketing
Via Yuval Yarden in the community
“This role will play a vital role in supporting our new product launches and deploy new messaging and packaging to support the commercial team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the role will be the lead on building marketing materials, sales enablement tools, competitor analysis and tactics to accelerate go-to-market initiatives.”
METHOD MEDIA INTELLIGENCE
Via Marc Goldberg in the community
“You will be responsible for developing and executing public relations and marketing tactics for our team that supports the business. You’ll bring existing and relevant industry experience and quickly build new relationships. We want your help with PR, managing social channels, helping with sales collateral and finding new customers via paid and earned channels.”
Chief Marketing Officer
“Equilibria (“EQ”) is a premium, high-growth, direct-to-consumer CBD platform for women.
An experienced, GM-level leader with proven mentorship and leadership acumen, the future Chief Marketing Officer has:
* 20+ years of experience leading marketing organizations, overseeing budget and performance for omni-channel marketing efforts
* Repeat experience with DTC brands and particularly in facilitating rapid growth from 2-digit millions in revenue to 3-digit millions
* Experience in a health/wellness/beauty “system” product; subscription marketing expertise required”
Head of Revenue Marketing
Chicago or remote
“A self-starter with the ability to build programs from scratch and who thrives when creating clarity and strategic direction for teams, the future Head of Revenue Marketing has:
* 8+ years of experience in demand gen or performance marketing, preferably at an agency, consultancy, or high-growth SaaS technology company and 4+ years of management experience
* Strong growth track record, with case studies of driving B2B programs with a focus on digital, ABM, and lead management
* Prior experience building a sizable owned audience, and creating programs to drive expansion within active customers.”
More via Hunt Club
* Typeform: Chief Brand Officer (Remote US)
* Linktree: Head of Social Media (Los Angeles, CA)
* Ecosystems Services: Head of Sales (Remote US)
Director, Product Marketing and Senior Manager, Partner Marketing
Remote EDT or CDT
Via David Markowitz in the community:
“We’re a remote, growing Marketing team spanning US and Europe. Showpad is one of the leading sales enablement (SaaS) platform providers; we have a great collaborative environment and culture, with lots of Tier 1 clients (over 1,200+) and a strong leadership team.For these roles, I’m looking for individuals w/both a strong B2B content creation mindset as well as a strong product marketing focus. Partner marketing experience is key for that role. Due to the need for close collaboration with our EMEA teams, we’re focused on EDT/CDT locations.”
Other job resources:
- Advisable: Get instant access to top marketing freelancers
- AMA Job Board: Listings from the American Marketing Association (maybe you can also ask them anything)
- Beeler.Tech: Job listings for ad operations, programmatic account management, sales operations, and more.
- Built in NYC: Jobs at a range of levels and functions, as long as you’re okay working in this quaint, backwater hamlet.
- CareerList: Here’s a form for companies hiring and a form for job seekers; here’s the public list with tabs for both
- Content Writing Jobs: Content marketers, enjoy
- Creative Women of Color: List yourself in the database and find talent, via Women Who Create
- Demand Curve: Growth and marketing jobs
- ExecThread: Senior roles spanning a range of verticals and cities; membership is free but fully vetted (this uses my referral ID to get you in faster)
- Gently Ventures: Helps scale businesses by finding the right talent
- GLG: Get paid to share your topical expertise; it can lead to some interesting conversations at a potentially decent hourly rate
- Growth Collective: Apply to join this network of notable freelance marketers
- Grace Blue Transitions: A portal for hirers and seekers with resources from this exec recruiting firm
- The Hired Guns: An array of jobs in marketing and related fields at brands, agencies, and media companies
- Hue: Amplifying voices of people in color working in marketing
- Hunterz: A way for connectors to get paid to introduce startups to large enterprises
- Lead5: A paid service for executive roles, plus intel on changes with companies and PE investments; you can try a risk-free weeklong trial to see if it’s any good for your needs
- Lunch Club: Match 1:1 around predetermined goals with accomplished professionals (free)
- NYC Ad Jobs & Networking: A popular Facebook group
- One Club for Creativity: COVID-19 jobs Board
- #OpenToWork: There’s a channel in Serial Marketers where you can share what you’re looking for
- Pangea: Where you can hire college freelancers (and college students can get gigs)
- Pocit: A platform connecting people of color with jobs in the tech industry
- Remotists: Remote startup jobs, chronicled weekly
- Sales Hustle Stack: Find platform-based gigs and other creative ways to earn some extra cash
- Startup.Jobs: There’s a section for marketing jobs
- Teal Job Tracker: A free Chrome extension to manage and enhance your job search
- TechNY Daily: While more technical, there are also some sales and marketing jobs at NY startups.
- VC Job Boards: Aleph, Eniac Ventures, Pear, Sequoia, Union Square Ventures
- VentureLoop: Free startup job listings; their paid option is $15/month and might surface more leads (but it might not).
- Venwise: Submit your job interests here and get in front of their roster of hiring leads; select “Serial Marketers” under “How did you find us”
- Wanted: Wanted helps top talent in tech and marketing find a job at your desired pay.
Do you run or enjoy other job listing sites? Let me know, and I’ll share them.
Below are offers extended to the Serial Marketers community. To share your own or access the Premium member discounts, review membership options here.
Thece: Get 10% off their Getting Started Kit — just let them know Serial Marketers sent you.
Get 5% back on any bookings of the Focus, Growth, and ReFocus plan. To receive your rebate, please contact me after you book the course.
My Software Tutor
Get a 15% discount on live online classes that teach practical, functional, business-centric Microsoft Office software skills (Excel today, PowerPoint coming soon). Use code SERIAL15 to redeem. Premium members get a 25% discount.
Get 10% discounts on campaigns. ReverseAds reverses the search ad process, outperforming Google at a fraction of the cost. To redeem, contact Thom Feltz by email.
Marc Lefton is offering brands a free one-hour consultation on your media mix to show how you can integrate programmatic. For agencies, you can get a free one-hour consultation on how to add programmatic to your service offerings. To redeem, contact Marc by email.
Sign up and use the promo code SERIALMARKETERS to get 20% off on any membership plan. Membership enables you to access all deals with unlimited usage. One deal should more than pay for itself.
Create an account and start a 7-day free trial for $125 in ad spend credit toward your first experiment with this multivariate testing platform. Redeem here. (Premium members get $175 in credit with a custom code)
Following a 7-day trial of this AI-powered marketing tool to generate ads, product descriptions, and more, use code SERIALMARKETERS for 35% off any plan for 3 months (premium subscribers get 50% off for 4 months).
Get lifetime access to this file management tech with three seats, all free. (Premium members get five seats; see the Slack channel for details and a custom link.)
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel