Google’s new Chrome web browser is launching today, and based on the comic book version, it might speed up browsing and give people more insights into what slows things down.
Here are some links for further reading
- The comic book – 40 pages of making the techie stuff easy to digest for laymen (like me) – brilliant
- Ad Age coverage with some other blog links
- Google Chrome official site – not live as I write this
- Webware coverage with screenshots – see the full color version of what’s in the comic book
- Mandatory TechCrunch linkage – TechCrunch says Google’s becoming the next Microsoft, but when did Microsoft do anything this user-friendly (assuming the browser’s as good as the book)
- Google Blogoscoped screenshots – several images here, on the blog that broke the news (congrats)
- Google press briefing webinar – 2pm ET – link is to Windows Media Player… how long before the Google Media Player?
My two big questions:
- When will my favorite extensions work? Del.icio.us and Twitterfox are my two most important, and I use a bunch of others
- Will this lead to the Google operating system? Between Chrome, Android, Gears, and everything else, why not?